Massive pasta craving after dance lesson… I needed carbs and I needed them quick. I started talking about aubergine and pesto in the dressing room. A mate from the lesson said: “Why don’t you roast your aubergine in the oven?” Not a bad idea.
Red Pesto Pasta with Roasted Aubergine in Lemon & Herbs Dressing (serves 2)
This recipe comes in three easy pieces:
1) make pesto in a blender or some such that can handle nuts
2) roast aubergine and make a lemon dressing for it
3) cook your pasta
And the final step is to mix it all together.
Red pesto (enough for 4 servings):
- 1 dl walnuts
- 2 dl sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 dl grated pecorino cheese, mixed in after blending
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- some oil from the sun-dried tomato jar
30 minutes in the oven, at 175 degrees Celsius. After the aubergine has roasted, mix the dressing, which you then coat the aubergine in.
- juice of half a lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- olive oil
- chopped parsley
- chopped mint
+ spaghetti, al dente, which you coat in the red pesto
Enjoyed with a glass of New Zealand pinot noir.